Pep Band practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:45-3:30.
Auditions for pep band will be held within the first two weeks of school in Aug. 2019. Students will be able to sign up for a 10 minute time slot after school.
Auditions will be private and will be graded with a rubric (attached below for download).
The auditions will consist of scales, and an excerpt from a pep tune. A packet of practice materials can be acquired from Mrs. Newland before the end of the current school year to practice over summer. A new excerpt will be given at the time of sign ups.
Scales are in the back of each music book. Students will be asked to play concert F, Bb, Eb, and Ab or a combination of those. Chromatic scale will be played as well (#174 in book 1)
Spaces will be limited based on interest and instruments and subject to change by Mrs. Newland.
- Flutes -4
- Clarinets- 6
- Bass Clarinets-2
- Alto Saxophones- 4
- Tenors- 2
- Trumpets-4- 6
- Low Brass- appropriate amount and quality for size of group
- Percussion- 4
Expectations of students:
- Attendance conflicts are given notice 24 hours in advance
- Attendance is mandatory during a performance week
- Cellphone use is limited to emergencies
- Use Remind for communication, check website often
- Work towards the group’s common goals
- Practice outside rehearsal
- Come prepared with music and equipment
- Be respectful of others
- Be ready to work and not waste time
- Show school spirit