April 27, 2019
The RMMS band program is inviting 7th and 8th grade band members to participate in a workshop for team building and leadership at Disneyland on April 27, 2019.
We can take 45 students and 5 parents for this awesome experience taught by Disney cast members.
Student Price will be $130 if we have all the spots filled.
Student form: https://goo.gl/forms/4OARHtl6FW1qZJ9C2
Parent chaperones will be the first 5 spots and the cost will be $50. This covers the event, time in the park, and the bus. Parents will need to be cleared with the office.
Parent Form: https://goo.gl/forms/QvRZuIvrbD79RPt03
First deposit (holds place): $50 2/1/19
Second deposit: $50 3/1/19
Final Deposit: $30 4/1/19
Disney’s Approach to Leadership and Teamwork | Disney Youth Education Series
Discover the Disney way of working and the management skills used to lead a Cast of thousands. Students in grades 6-12 will practice overcoming obstacles by working as a team and thinking creatively to develop solutions during this 3-hour program. Exercises designed to reinforce courage, curiosity and constancy aim to give students the confidence to set goals and accomplish their dreams.
Key Learning Points
During this interactive field study, students will:
- Understand their personal leadership skills and how to apply them to a team setting
- Discuss the importance of diversity
- Brainstorm for creative ideas and solutions
- Learn the importance of communication, trust, and problem solving in a team setting
- Apply different ideas to a project
- Explore and approach a project from different perspectives
- Gain the confidence to overcome obstacles
- Find the courage and determination to accomplish goals and believe in their dreams
- Lead a project to completing while maintaining a positive attitude