8th Grade Band: Saturday, March 7, 2020
Times are as follows and may be adjusted closer to the day. We will travel to and from RMMS by bus. Every student is responsible for their own instrument and music.
- 9:15 am meet at RMMS to load up the bus
- 9:45-10:00 am arrive and unload at Los Osos HS
- 10:30 am official warm up time.
- 11:00 am Official Performance (Free performance, parents welcome to attend)
- 11:30 Sight Reading (parents welcome to watch)
- 12:00 wait for scores and load up the bus to return. (Snack break) 12:30 all students at RMMS ready to be dismissed
Formal Concert Attire: Black on Bottom, White on Top
- black shoes: solid black, closed shoes preferably and comfortable to walk in. (and stand waiting)
- black pants (preferably not jeans), Girls that have skirts must be below the knees when sitting.
- black socks, stockings or tights are ok, but should be black or nude.
- white collared button-down shirt (preferably long sleeved). White undershirts suggested.
7th Grade Contest:
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
The times of
the day will follow this approximate schedule and may be adjusted closer to the
- 8:15 (1st period) students meet at the band room, gather materials and load up. Students bring their instruments, clothes, and sack lunch. (back packs with materials recommended)
- 8:30 leave RMMS
- 9:00-10:45 arrive to Sierra Vista HS, Watch other performances,
- 10:45-11:30 eat lunch, change into performance clothes
- 11:45 official warm up (separate classroom)
- 12:15 Performance (gym)
- 12:45 Clinic room (separate classroom)
- 1:30 wait for scores, pack up, leave Sierra Vista
- 2:00-2:30 arrive back to RMMS. Students unload and get dismissed
Attire: “black on bottom, white on top”
- black shoes: solid black, closed shoes
preferably and comfortable to walk in.
- black pants (preferably not jeans), Girls that
have skirts must be below the knees when sitting.
- black socks, stockings or tights are ok, but
should be black or nude.
- white collared button-down shirt (preferably
long sleeved). White undershirts suggested.
Letter with these details goes home 2/3/20 and bottom portion to be returned as confirmation.
The 8th grade Wind Ensemble is partnering with the Azusa Pacific University Wind Ensemble for a new experience. This will include a partial clinic (instruction) and rehearsal with the college students.
Students will report straight to 6th period (normal band time) to load up the bus with their instruments and belongings.
We will leave RMMS as soon as we can load up, no later than 2 pm.
We will leave rehearsal at APU about 5 pm, load the bus, and travel back to RMMS. Hopefully arriving back no later than 6 pm. Students will be able to call home when we are close to school, for pick up.
Students should wear their band shirts and bring a snack for the bus ride. (Please no peanuts).
Students will be receiving the permission slip/release form.
Concert Band: March 4, 2020 at Sierra Vista High School
Wind Ensemble: March 7, 2020 at Los Osos High School
times have not yet been assigned.
bus will be taken to and from RMMS for each contest.
This is a very serious event and the results of the performance earn a rating: Superior (A), Excellent (B), Good (C), Fair (D), and Poor (F). Each student matters to the overall score, and individual preparation is important.
Pep Band performs at the annual Barnes and Noble Family Night.
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
5:45 call time at Barnes and Noble
11090 Foothill Blvd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
6:15-6:45 Performance set
7:00 dismissal after clean up and load up
- Students are responsible for their instruments to and from the event
- Transportation is by individuals
- At the end, students will need to help clean up the area, by loading the stands and other equipment into Mrs. Newland’s car.
- Students should wear pep shirts, with blue or black jeans. Students may wear sleeves underneath the pep shirt, but all outerwear will be removed for performance. Holiday hat and Headbands are optional.
Friday, October 25, 2019
Wind Ensemble Members
Students transport themselves to and from Rancho Cucamonga High School with instruments.
When: October 25,
- Meet at RCHS at 5:15 (at the gym then we’ll move down to the band room).
- 6:50 perform National Anthem
- 7:00 pm Game Start
- Pep tunes in the stands with the Band
- Watch ½ show and recap with the RCHS band members
- 9:00 pm Pick up from the Gym (same as drop off)
Where: 11801 Lark
Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
Band Shirts and gear. Blue or Black pants. Bring sweatshirts. Comfortable
Map is attached.
Arrival and Dismissal:
Students will check in with Mrs. Newland upon arrival. Parents
may attend the football game at regular game prices.
Parents attending the game may check their student out after the half time band performance. All other pickups will be at 9:00 at the gym. ALL students must check out with Mrs. Newland before dismissal.
Students carpooling with others must mark that option on the medical slip.
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
2nd period: Concert Band (7th) 9:20-9:40
3rd period: Beginning Band (6th) 10:20-10:40
4th period: Beginning Band (6th) 12:20-12:40
6th period: Wind Ensemble (8th) 2:00-2:30
Students wear black band shirts and long pants
Concert band songs: Antique Car Parade, the Bingo Polka, Starship Overture, Arena of the Gladiators
Beginning Band Songs: #1-10 Smashup, #14 Rolling Along, #17 Hot Cross Buns, #18 Go Tell Aunt Rhodie, #25 Lightly Row, #28 Au Claire de la Lune, #30 London Bridge.
Wind Ensemble songs: Salsa and Chips, Adagio Cantabile, Horse and Buffalo, Trails of Glory.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Band is hosting this month’s Family Night.
Enjoy great food, fellowship, and raise money for school activities.
Don’t forget a printed flyer for a portion of your meal to return to the school.
When you child brings the receipt the next day, they will receive extra credit!
Wind Ensemble and Pep Band Members
October 4, 2019
Student performers pay $10 for their ticket (FORM will cover the other 1/2). Students will need a ticket if they are being dropped off or if parents attend.
Parents and guests tickets are $20.
Money and forms for tickets turned into the front Office. Checks payable to FORM. All money due by Sept. 26.
All students musicians who attend, whether playing or not, get performance credit. This will appear as extra credit for their grade.
- 5:30 pm meet at the arena. students bring instruments with them.
- 5:30 doors will open to season ticket holders and our parents.
- National Anthem to start the game
- 7:00 the game starts
- we will play at an intermission
- about 9:30 the game will end, clean up then student release. Students will be able to call near the end of the game for pick up.
Entrance: drop off or parking
North west entrance (gate) we will
be entering the arena. Parking Lot F is across from that entrance and will cost
$10. Drop off is on Ontario Center drive, you will not need to pay to drop off
or pick up.
Students should wear 2019-2020 band
shirts/hoodies, and blue or black long pants. The arena is cold, so students
should bring a sweatshirt with them. If it is not RMMS, it can be put on after
bring money to purchase from snack bar.
Students will be
responsible for all their own equipment. Percussion will be responsible to get
equipment loaded back in Mrs. Newland’s car, BEFORE they are dismissed.
All students will have to check out with Mrs. Newland before they leave the arena. If students are leaving with their parents from the game, they can be dismissed from inside. If students are carpooling with another parent, Mrs. Newland must be told in advance, and the students will be dismissed to that parent together. Students will not be dismissed from the arena for pick up before 9:30.
Map and directions are enclosed in the attachment below. Students have papers copies for all items.
Congratulations to the 8th grade band for their Excellent performance at the Los Osos band festival on Saturday March 9, 2019. They performed well on the stage and that continued into the sight reading room.
In the sight reading room, we were given music that we have never seen before. After getting to chat about it for 4 minutes, the students performed the piece for another music judge. He proceeded to compliment us on the task. They scored an Excellent from this judge as well.
Thank you parents!
Thank you parents for being a part of the day. Thank you to the parent chaperones for helping us move around the many locations. Thank you parents that attended and were a great audience. Thank you to the parents that supported us with water donations.