Students will be able to use a special instrumental face mask for in person learning. These are free to use for the year. Please return the from Before Tuesday April 13 digitally or print to have students return during their in person class.
- Period 1: 8:50-9:20
- Period 2: 9:25-9:55
- Period 3: 10:00-10:30
- Period 4: 10:35-11:05
- Period 5: 11:10-11:40
- Period 6: 11:45-12:15
Check out all the details for our Instrument Trials and the Next Steps on the page. Beginning Band Information
Sign up for Band!
Parent information will be sent out after the interest form has been completed. No major decisions are being made right now, just information being shared.
Have questions? Ask Mr. Rico: Austin.Rico@cjuhsd.net
Beginning Band will meet on Tuesday and Thursday, and Friday: all members
All classes will have zoom links provided in clever. Student Support hour will have a zoom link for office hours with Mrs. Newland.
Grading Policy Updated
Weekly Participation 25 %
- 5 points- Playing live: either giving an example or being the leader
- 5 points per day- actively participating, signing in and staying in the whole class time.
- This includes having materials; answering when called upon; having the camera on to prove participation.
- Doing the work assigned in the class time.
Pass offs (playing tests) 40%
- These are submitted on Flip Grid.
- Scored on a 1-5 scale, for accurateness
- Written work, done in Teams Class Notebook
- Examples given during class, and time allotted during class to finish
- Long term projects assigned
- Time allotted during class to do.
- Rubric for grading attached to each assignment
- Assigned in Teams and possibly Flip Grid
- Updated several times a week.
- Students can use this as a check list.
- The due dates are flexible and students do not get docked for late work.
Here is the back to school night presentation for band this year.