-Required for all members.
-Events include but are not limited to: school performances, concerts, festivals, for sporting events, etc.
-Point value different for each event.
-Detailed information will appear before each event.
-Excuses will not accepted for any absences. Make up work will be provided based on circumstance and may entail attending an outside performance, interviewing classmates, writing a report, or all three.
Fall Concert: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6 pm in the Multipurpose Room
Spring Concert: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6 pm in the Multipurpose Room
Participation 15% (10 points per day)
-Have instrument, music, and materials in working order.
-Have a positive attitude for learning
-Follow directions and procedures.
-Be physically prepared
-Participating in all class activities and playing to the best of one’s abilities
Tests and Quizzes 15%
-A test or quiz will be given at least once a week.
-Can include performance, written or electronic based.
-The weight of each will be determined based on the length of time the unit or lesson has occurred.
-Make-up for absences will have to be scheduled during Mrs. Newland’s office hours.
-Playing tests can be re-taken for high scores- and will have to be scheduled.
-Including permission slips, parent info, studying and practicing.
-Take home instrument. Every day equals 5 points. Weekends earn 10, and holidays are calculated per day of vacation.
-Late work is received until the grading period ends. Some materials are time sensitive and cannot be turned in late.
-All notes, worksheets, group activities, and projects
-These activities may be ranging from multiple times a week to a few times a trimester.
-Late work is accepted until the grading period ends. Some materials are time sensitive and cannot be turned in late.
- Be Respectful– of your classmates, your teacher, the room, instruments, equipment, and supplies
- Be Responsible– on time, with instrument, music, pencil, and ready to learn
- Be Courteous– no profanity, putdowns, hurtful comments, and be aware of personal space
- Be Smart – think before you act, be honest, and mean what you say
- Be advised: students who leave any instrument or other belongings in the music room or any storage space in the music room do so at their own risk. Mrs. Newland, Ruth Musser Middle School, and the Central School District cannot take any responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen items which were left in the music room or on campus.
- Newland will do her best to keep the storage closets closed and locked after school hours but cannot guarantee the safety of any item in the storage closets or music room.
- Students who leave items in the music room accept all responsibility for these items.
- Only instruments/equipment may be store in the closets. Backpacks, books, clothing, etc. must remain with the student throughout the school day.
- Any items left in the closets other than instruments/equipment will be removed by Mrs. Newland and placed in lost and found.