Concert Band: Virtual Band
Grading Policy Updated
Weekly Participation 25 %
- 5 points- Playing live: either giving an example or being the leader
- 5 points per day- actively participating, signing in and staying in the whole class time.
- This includes having materials; answering when called upon; having the camera on to prove participation.
- Doing the work assigned in the class time.
Pass offs (playing tests) 40%
- These are submitted on Flip Grid.
- Scored on a 1-5 scale, for accurateness
- Written work, done in Teams Class Notebook
- Examples given during class, and time allotted during class to finish
- Long term projects assigned
- Time allotted during class to do.
- Rubric for grading attached to each assignment
- Assigned in Teams and possibly Flip Grid
- Updated several times a week.
- Students can use this as a check list.
- The due dates are flexible and students do not get docked for late work.
Here is the back to school night presentation for band this year.
Each band level has its own Remind class for personalized updates. Using the links or codes, add the new level to your Remind app today!
For Beginning Band (6th grade band): https://www.remind.com/join/rmbegband
For Concert band (7th grade band): https://www.remind.com/join/rmconcband
For Wind Ensemble (8th grade band): https://www.remind.com/join/rmwindband
Central School District is now using Clever as a source for all teachers and materials. Students will login and have all websites to access for each teacher. Students will be able to navigate to Teams, One Note, Flip Grid, and anything else a teacher would like to use.
Here is the link to add to your bookmarks.