December 16 7:30 pm
- Who: Ontario Chaffey Show Band
- Where: Ontario Convention Center, main ballroom.
- 2000 E. Convention Center Dr, Ontario, CA, 91764
- (Yes, Mrs. Newland plays in this group!)
Tuesday, December 17 6:00 pm
- Who: Cucamonga Middle School Beginning Band
- Where: Cucamonga Middle School Nalbach Building
- 7611 Hellman Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
December 18 6:00 pm
- Who: Cucamonga Middle School Advanced Band
- Where: CMS Nalbach Building
- 7611 Hellman Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Go to the concert. Get there early to get a good seat and
grab a program. Observe the process. Be a good audience member. At the end, get
a picture with the conductor and have them sign your program.
The next day, bring the program and picture to show Mrs.
Newland the next day; and tell your class about your experience.
(don’t forget to bring a PEN!)
Concert Band: March 4, 2020 at Sierra Vista High School
Wind Ensemble: March 7, 2020 at Los Osos High School
times have not yet been assigned.
bus will be taken to and from RMMS for each contest.
This is a very serious event and the results of the performance earn a rating: Superior (A), Excellent (B), Good (C), Fair (D), and Poor (F). Each student matters to the overall score, and individual preparation is important.
Missed that hoody or long sleeved shirt on the first band gear order? Well, now you can purchase any gear you missed, or just get another one if its your favorite.
Both whole band and pep band gear available.
All Cash! There is a minimum requirement for the shop to fulfill the order. We will collect orders until the minimum is reached.
Online order here: https://forms.gle/pvS85MA5Pv6CaQW36
Pep Band performs at the annual Barnes and Noble Family Night.
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
5:45 call time at Barnes and Noble
11090 Foothill Blvd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
6:15-6:45 Performance set
7:00 dismissal after clean up and load up
- Students are responsible for their instruments to and from the event
- Transportation is by individuals
- At the end, students will need to help clean up the area, by loading the stands and other equipment into Mrs. Newland’s car.
- Students should wear pep shirts, with blue or black jeans. Students may wear sleeves underneath the pep shirt, but all outerwear will be removed for performance. Holiday hat and Headbands are optional.
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
RMMS MPR and Gym.
6:15 Doors Open (gym side) You may enter from the lunch Ramada or the parking lot at the Gym.
6:30 pm Concert
Formal Concert Attire: Black on Bottom, white on top. See attached.
Friday, October 25, 2019
Wind Ensemble Members
Students transport themselves to and from Rancho Cucamonga High School with instruments.
When: October 25,
- Meet at RCHS at 5:15 (at the gym then we’ll move down to the band room).
- 6:50 perform National Anthem
- 7:00 pm Game Start
- Pep tunes in the stands with the Band
- Watch ½ show and recap with the RCHS band members
- 9:00 pm Pick up from the Gym (same as drop off)
Where: 11801 Lark
Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
Band Shirts and gear. Blue or Black pants. Bring sweatshirts. Comfortable
Map is attached.
Arrival and Dismissal:
Students will check in with Mrs. Newland upon arrival. Parents
may attend the football game at regular game prices.
Parents attending the game may check their student out after the half time band performance. All other pickups will be at 9:00 at the gym. ALL students must check out with Mrs. Newland before dismissal.
Students carpooling with others must mark that option on the medical slip.
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
2nd period: Concert Band (7th) 9:20-9:40
3rd period: Beginning Band (6th) 10:20-10:40
4th period: Beginning Band (6th) 12:20-12:40
6th period: Wind Ensemble (8th) 2:00-2:30
Students wear black band shirts and long pants
Concert band songs: Antique Car Parade, the Bingo Polka, Starship Overture, Arena of the Gladiators
Beginning Band Songs: #1-10 Smashup, #14 Rolling Along, #17 Hot Cross Buns, #18 Go Tell Aunt Rhodie, #25 Lightly Row, #28 Au Claire de la Lune, #30 London Bridge.
Wind Ensemble songs: Salsa and Chips, Adagio Cantabile, Horse and Buffalo, Trails of Glory.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Band is hosting this month’s Family Night.
Enjoy great food, fellowship, and raise money for school activities.
Don’t forget a printed flyer for a portion of your meal to return to the school.
When you child brings the receipt the next day, they will receive extra credit!
Wind Ensemble and Pep Band Members
October 4, 2019
Student performers pay $10 for their ticket (FORM will cover the other 1/2). Students will need a ticket if they are being dropped off or if parents attend.
Parents and guests tickets are $20.
Money and forms for tickets turned into the front Office. Checks payable to FORM. All money due by Sept. 26.
All students musicians who attend, whether playing or not, get performance credit. This will appear as extra credit for their grade.
- 5:30 pm meet at the arena. students bring instruments with them.
- 5:30 doors will open to season ticket holders and our parents.
- National Anthem to start the game
- 7:00 the game starts
- we will play at an intermission
- about 9:30 the game will end, clean up then student release. Students will be able to call near the end of the game for pick up.
Entrance: drop off or parking
North west entrance (gate) we will
be entering the arena. Parking Lot F is across from that entrance and will cost
$10. Drop off is on Ontario Center drive, you will not need to pay to drop off
or pick up.
Students should wear 2019-2020 band
shirts/hoodies, and blue or black long pants. The arena is cold, so students
should bring a sweatshirt with them. If it is not RMMS, it can be put on after
bring money to purchase from snack bar.
Students will be
responsible for all their own equipment. Percussion will be responsible to get
equipment loaded back in Mrs. Newland’s car, BEFORE they are dismissed.
All students will have to check out with Mrs. Newland before they leave the arena. If students are leaving with their parents from the game, they can be dismissed from inside. If students are carpooling with another parent, Mrs. Newland must be told in advance, and the students will be dismissed to that parent together. Students will not be dismissed from the arena for pick up before 9:30.
Map and directions are enclosed in the attachment below. Students have papers copies for all items.