Pep band members will be walking to Dona Merced on Wednesday Feb 19. They will leave right after checking into homeroom classes. We will prepare music for the whole group, and individuals will demonstrate their instrument.
Wear pep band shirts and comfortable shoes.
Permission slip required by Tuesday.
8th Grade Band: Saturday, March 7, 2020
Times are as follows and may be adjusted closer to the day. We will travel to and from RMMS by bus. Every student is responsible for their own instrument and music.
- 9:15 am meet at RMMS to load up the bus
- 9:45-10:00 am arrive and unload at Los Osos HS
- 10:30 am official warm up time.
- 11:00 am Official Performance (Free performance, parents welcome to attend)
- 11:30 Sight Reading (parents welcome to watch)
- 12:00 wait for scores and load up the bus to return. (Snack break) 12:30 all students at RMMS ready to be dismissed
Formal Concert Attire: Black on Bottom, White on Top
- black shoes: solid black, closed shoes preferably and comfortable to walk in. (and stand waiting)
- black pants (preferably not jeans), Girls that have skirts must be below the knees when sitting.
- black socks, stockings or tights are ok, but should be black or nude.
- white collared button-down shirt (preferably long sleeved). White undershirts suggested.
7th Grade Contest:
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
The times of
the day will follow this approximate schedule and may be adjusted closer to the
- 8:15 (1st period) students meet at the band room, gather materials and load up. Students bring their instruments, clothes, and sack lunch. (back packs with materials recommended)
- 8:30 leave RMMS
- 9:00-10:45 arrive to Sierra Vista HS, Watch other performances,
- 10:45-11:30 eat lunch, change into performance clothes
- 11:45 official warm up (separate classroom)
- 12:15 Performance (gym)
- 12:45 Clinic room (separate classroom)
- 1:30 wait for scores, pack up, leave Sierra Vista
- 2:00-2:30 arrive back to RMMS. Students unload and get dismissed
Attire: “black on bottom, white on top”
- black shoes: solid black, closed shoes
preferably and comfortable to walk in.
- black pants (preferably not jeans), Girls that
have skirts must be below the knees when sitting.
- black socks, stockings or tights are ok, but
should be black or nude.
- white collared button-down shirt (preferably
long sleeved). White undershirts suggested.
Letter with these details goes home 2/3/20 and bottom portion to be returned as confirmation.
The 8th grade Wind Ensemble is partnering with the Azusa Pacific University Wind Ensemble for a new experience. This will include a partial clinic (instruction) and rehearsal with the college students.
Students will report straight to 6th period (normal band time) to load up the bus with their instruments and belongings.
We will leave RMMS as soon as we can load up, no later than 2 pm.
We will leave rehearsal at APU about 5 pm, load the bus, and travel back to RMMS. Hopefully arriving back no later than 6 pm. Students will be able to call home when we are close to school, for pick up.
Students should wear their band shirts and bring a snack for the bus ride. (Please no peanuts).
Students will be receiving the permission slip/release form.
December 16 7:30 pm
- Who: Ontario Chaffey Show Band
- Where: Ontario Convention Center, main ballroom.
- 2000 E. Convention Center Dr, Ontario, CA, 91764
- (Yes, Mrs. Newland plays in this group!)
Tuesday, December 17 6:00 pm
- Who: Cucamonga Middle School Beginning Band
- Where: Cucamonga Middle School Nalbach Building
- 7611 Hellman Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
December 18 6:00 pm
- Who: Cucamonga Middle School Advanced Band
- Where: CMS Nalbach Building
- 7611 Hellman Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Go to the concert. Get there early to get a good seat and
grab a program. Observe the process. Be a good audience member. At the end, get
a picture with the conductor and have them sign your program.
The next day, bring the program and picture to show Mrs.
Newland the next day; and tell your class about your experience.
(don’t forget to bring a PEN!)
Concert Band: March 4, 2020 at Sierra Vista High School
Wind Ensemble: March 7, 2020 at Los Osos High School
times have not yet been assigned.
bus will be taken to and from RMMS for each contest.
This is a very serious event and the results of the performance earn a rating: Superior (A), Excellent (B), Good (C), Fair (D), and Poor (F). Each student matters to the overall score, and individual preparation is important.
Missed that hoody or long sleeved shirt on the first band gear order? Well, now you can purchase any gear you missed, or just get another one if its your favorite.
Both whole band and pep band gear available.
All Cash! There is a minimum requirement for the shop to fulfill the order. We will collect orders until the minimum is reached.
Online order here: https://forms.gle/pvS85MA5Pv6CaQW36
Pep Band performs at the annual Barnes and Noble Family Night.
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
5:45 call time at Barnes and Noble
11090 Foothill Blvd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
6:15-6:45 Performance set
7:00 dismissal after clean up and load up
- Students are responsible for their instruments to and from the event
- Transportation is by individuals
- At the end, students will need to help clean up the area, by loading the stands and other equipment into Mrs. Newland’s car.
- Students should wear pep shirts, with blue or black jeans. Students may wear sleeves underneath the pep shirt, but all outerwear will be removed for performance. Holiday hat and Headbands are optional.
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
RMMS MPR and Gym.
6:15 Doors Open (gym side) You may enter from the lunch Ramada or the parking lot at the Gym.
6:30 pm Concert
Formal Concert Attire: Black on Bottom, white on top. See attached.
Friday, October 25, 2019
Wind Ensemble Members
Students transport themselves to and from Rancho Cucamonga High School with instruments.
When: October 25,
- Meet at RCHS at 5:15 (at the gym then we’ll move down to the band room).
- 6:50 perform National Anthem
- 7:00 pm Game Start
- Pep tunes in the stands with the Band
- Watch ½ show and recap with the RCHS band members
- 9:00 pm Pick up from the Gym (same as drop off)
Where: 11801 Lark
Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
Band Shirts and gear. Blue or Black pants. Bring sweatshirts. Comfortable
Map is attached.
Arrival and Dismissal:
Students will check in with Mrs. Newland upon arrival. Parents
may attend the football game at regular game prices.
Parents attending the game may check their student out after the half time band performance. All other pickups will be at 9:00 at the gym. ALL students must check out with Mrs. Newland before dismissal.
Students carpooling with others must mark that option on the medical slip.