Please follow the link to the T-shirt order form.
Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6 pm in the Multipurpose room
6th grade: 4:40 Room 40
7th grade: 5:00 Room 32
8th grade: 5:00 Room 41
Students should be dressed in their Formal Concert Attire: see page.
Free concert- please be aware of small children that may disrupt the performance.
We are looking for a parent representative for the Friends of Ruth Musser meetings.
Meetings are once a month on the 2nd Wednesday at 3 pm in the library.
The next meeting is Wednesday November 14.
This parent will be the communication between the band program and the parent organization. You would help program family nights, and other fundraisers. You would help communicate the band events to the parent club and out to band parents.
Please email or call Mrs. Newland if you are interested.
White board markers (large)
Blue Painters Tape
Clear packing tape
-Required for all members.
-Events include but are not limited to: school performances, concerts, festivals, for sporting events, etc.
-Point value different for each event.
-Detailed information will appear before each event.
-Excuses will not accepted for any absences. Make up work will be provided based on circumstance and may entail attending an outside performance, interviewing classmates, writing a report, or all three.
Fall Concert: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6 pm in the Multipurpose Room
Spring Concert: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6 pm in the Multipurpose Room
Participation 15% (10 points per day)
-Have instrument, music, and materials in working order.
-Have a positive attitude for learning
-Follow directions and procedures.
-Be physically prepared
-Participating in all class activities and playing to the best of one’s abilities
Tests and Quizzes 15%
-A test or quiz will be given at least once a week.
-Can include performance, written or electronic based.
-The weight of each will be determined based on the length of time the unit or lesson has occurred.
-Make-up for absences will have to be scheduled during Mrs. Newland’s office hours.
-Playing tests can be re-taken for high scores- and will have to be scheduled.
-Including permission slips, parent info, studying and practicing.
-Take home instrument. Every day equals 5 points. Weekends earn 10, and holidays are calculated per day of vacation.
-Late work is received until the grading period ends. Some materials are time sensitive and cannot be turned in late.
-All notes, worksheets, group activities, and projects
-These activities may be ranging from multiple times a week to a few times a trimester.
-Late work is accepted until the grading period ends. Some materials are time sensitive and cannot be turned in late.
- Be Respectful– of your classmates, your teacher, the room, instruments, equipment, and supplies
- Be Responsible– on time, with instrument, music, pencil, and ready to learn
- Be Courteous– no profanity, putdowns, hurtful comments, and be aware of personal space
- Be Smart – think before you act, be honest, and mean what you say
- Be advised: students who leave any instrument or other belongings in the music room or any storage space in the music room do so at their own risk. Mrs. Newland, Ruth Musser Middle School, and the Central School District cannot take any responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen items which were left in the music room or on campus.
- Newland will do her best to keep the storage closets closed and locked after school hours but cannot guarantee the safety of any item in the storage closets or music room.
- Students who leave items in the music room accept all responsibility for these items.
- Only instruments/equipment may be store in the closets. Backpacks, books, clothing, etc. must remain with the student throughout the school day.
- Any items left in the closets other than instruments/equipment will be removed by Mrs. Newland and placed in lost and found.
Dear Parents and/or Guardians:
The 2018-2019 school year at Ruth Musser Middle School is upon us, and we are excited.
I am Mrs. Newland, the new music teacher. This is my ninth school year teaching music to middle school students. I have taught previously in Sonora, Calif., and the last six years in El Centro, Calif. I have just relocated to the Rancho Cucamonga area and am excited to be living in your community. I am looking forward to meeting you and the music students.
Over the next couple weeks, the following information will be distributed: The calendar of events, the class handbook, rental agreements, booster club information, performance attire, class schedules, and other class details. Please check your child’s planner weekly for updated information. Our program website, ruthmussermusic.com will be updated with calendars, events, and class information. The Remind app will also be used periodically for sending reminders to parents or students.
As a music teacher, my main goal is to provide my students with strategies on how to practice, study, work with others, find their own materials, take responsibility, and have fun learning and preforming music.
Throughout the coming weeks and months, the students and I will be learning and growing together. As I get to know the students, more opportunities for creating ensembles and performing will arise.
As with anytime there is a change of teachers, there naturally will be changes to the music program, since each teacher brings his or her own unique skills and approach to the classroom. Please know that I am committed to serving you and the students with excellence and to lead a well-functioning music program designed help each student to grow and thrive. With your patience and support, this will be a great school year.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Cheers to a great year!
Mrs. Anna Newland, MA
Ruth Musser Middle School