Each set of bullet points is a week’s assignments. Start at the top and work your way down. Each new week will be added to the bottom.
- Book # 82-100. Look at the key signatures! Practice slowly first.
- #89, 94, are still pass offs. Record on Flip grid for your pass off!
- Handout out pieces. Practice the parts you don’t like first.
- #107-114. Chromatic notes- every note is different, if two notes going up or down sound the same, one is wrong. Use the fingering chart in the back to check the notes. #107 next pass off. Record on Flip Grid
- Go to the website and play with the recordings of our hand out songs.
- Open the new piece; “Taiko!” and learn your part. If you can print out your page, do the color code.
- Review all the pass off songs since the beginning of the book. Teach yourself a song that we didn’t learn together.
- Record your favorite exercise that you just found.
- Practice your hand out songs, including Taiko!
- Page. 21 Learn 6/8 Time.
- Watch and follow along to the lesson here.
- Record your favorite song from #103-106 on Flip Grid under the topic 6/8 Time Favorite Song.
- pg 24 Triplets. Follow the lesson here and practice to master those triplets.
- #121 scale study- record a flip grid. Includes triplets and new notes.
- Review the work you have done in the last week.
- pg. 25 new rhythms with 16th notes. Review the lesson on the flip grid topic. Record your favorite exercise from #124-126
Percussion warm ups
- Each of these exercises can be done on their own, or right after each other. Each video will also include tips from Mr. Graves.
- Starting with warm up #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkoHU6J1if4&list=PLMlL41v766HZJWM8rzUuwbhvQXPmwUTHe
- Warm up #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq3d2bpY3uE&list=PLMlL41v766HZJWM8rzUuwbhvQXPmwUTHe&index=2
- Warm up #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKUULicfaKM&list=PLMlL41v766HZJWM8rzUuwbhvQXPmwUTHe&index=4
- Warm up #4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gXPIHDOpQc&list=PLMlL41v766HZJWM8rzUuwbhvQXPmwUTHe&index=5
- More warms ups from Mr. Graves on his YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMlL41v766HZJWM8rzUuwbhvQXPmwUTHe
- Even if you just do 5 minutes a day, your muscles will get stronger. You can do as much or as little as you can following these steps every practice time.
- Step 1: The first 2 measures #1-7Step
- 2: Measures 3-5 #1-7Step
- 3: Measures 6-end #1-7Step
- 4: Whole line #1-7
- Then you tackle the second page.
- Student of the Month for April: Quishawn Stanford
- Student of the week of May 4-8: Gia Avlar
- Student of the week May 18-22: Emma Barcenas
Recordings and Parts