Pep band members will be walking to Dona Merced on Wednesday Feb 19. They will leave right after checking into homeroom classes. We will prepare music for the whole group, and individuals will demonstrate their instrument.
Wear pep band shirts and comfortable shoes.
Permission slip required by Tuesday.
8th Grade Band: Saturday, March 7, 2020
Times are as follows and may be adjusted closer to the day. We will travel to and from RMMS by bus. Every student is responsible for their own instrument and music.
- 9:15 am meet at RMMS to load up the bus
- 9:45-10:00 am arrive and unload at Los Osos HS
- 10:30 am official warm up time.
- 11:00 am Official Performance (Free performance, parents welcome to attend)
- 11:30 Sight Reading (parents welcome to watch)
- 12:00 wait for scores and load up the bus to return. (Snack break) 12:30 all students at RMMS ready to be dismissed
Formal Concert Attire: Black on Bottom, White on Top
- black shoes: solid black, closed shoes preferably and comfortable to walk in. (and stand waiting)
- black pants (preferably not jeans), Girls that have skirts must be below the knees when sitting.
- black socks, stockings or tights are ok, but should be black or nude.
- white collared button-down shirt (preferably long sleeved). White undershirts suggested.
7th Grade Contest:
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
The times of
the day will follow this approximate schedule and may be adjusted closer to the
- 8:15 (1st period) students meet at the band room, gather materials and load up. Students bring their instruments, clothes, and sack lunch. (back packs with materials recommended)
- 8:30 leave RMMS
- 9:00-10:45 arrive to Sierra Vista HS, Watch other performances,
- 10:45-11:30 eat lunch, change into performance clothes
- 11:45 official warm up (separate classroom)
- 12:15 Performance (gym)
- 12:45 Clinic room (separate classroom)
- 1:30 wait for scores, pack up, leave Sierra Vista
- 2:00-2:30 arrive back to RMMS. Students unload and get dismissed
Attire: “black on bottom, white on top”
- black shoes: solid black, closed shoes
preferably and comfortable to walk in.
- black pants (preferably not jeans), Girls that
have skirts must be below the knees when sitting.
- black socks, stockings or tights are ok, but
should be black or nude.
- white collared button-down shirt (preferably
long sleeved). White undershirts suggested.
Letter with these details goes home 2/3/20 and bottom portion to be returned as confirmation.